The Administrative Core provides essential activities including all scientific and administrative supervisory functions of the Center and its adminstrative leadership, including the organization and supervision of Core facilities, the planning and scheduling of the enrichment program, and the review and oversight of individual pilot feasibility projects. This Core facility is the administrative structure of the Liver Research Center. The activities include all scientific and administrative supervisory functions of the Center and its administrative leadership, including the organization and supervision of Core facilities, the planning and scheduling of the enrichment program and the review and oversight of individual pilot feasibility projects.
Pilot Feasibility Projects
The Pilot Feasibility Program has been a central component of the Yale Liver Center since it's inception. The primary purpose of the pilot grants are to promote studies of liver disease and enable investigators to obtain data for future R01 funding. Projects utilizing Core Facilities and supporting young investigators are given priority if the science is equally meritorious.
For more information on our Pilot Feasibility Program, please click here.
The Enrichment Program seeks to accomplish the goals of the Liver Center in four related ways:
- Provide Center members with the latest information about their specific areas of interest
- Broaden the appreciation that Center members have for related areas of research in liver biology and pathobiology
- Enhance collaboration among Center members
- Serve as an outreach mechanism to non-liver physicians, scientists, and lay-people to enhance their understanding of liver disease
There are several mechanisms that are available to take part in the enrichment program. This includes but is not limited to:
- Co-sponsored weekly research seminar with the Section of Digestive Diseases, with one seminar a month as a dedicated Liver Center Seminar
- Annual Klatskin Lectureship honoring a current, active, distinguished internationally renowned hepatologist
- Bi-annual Center Retreat
Quarterly newsletter to receive the most up-to-date information on the Center